понеделник, 14 ноември 2011 г.

Hockey - Too Fake

To be fair, there isn't much I know about Hockey. Not the sport, but the band (although I'm certainly not an expert on the former, as well) - my half-assed research consisted of looking them up on several sites just for this article. Don't judge me for my laziness - I'm just not the kind of person who's interested by bands themselves, unless they consistently make amazing songs. I prefer to have a little bit of as many musicians as possible - this preference actually eventually led me to indie music, and I assume that's true for the most of you, as well.

Alright, back to Hackey. I mean Hockey. Originally consisting of singer Benjamin Grubin, guitarist Brian Stuart White, bassist Jeremy Reynolds, drummer Anthony Stassi and keyboardist Ryan Dolliver, the band received wide recognition for their debut single "Too Fake", which was released in the UK in 2009. It's also the song that they're best known for and man, oh, man, I can see why.

I just can't get enough of it. It might be one of those tracks that you listen to non-stop for a week and get tired of afterwards, but I'm sure as hell going to enjoy the hell out of it until then. It's incredibly catchy and perfect for that "Just woke up" playlist (wait… you don't have one?). I especially like the little half-sing, half-talk they have going on before each chorus, that's a nice touch.

In my opinion, not every great song has to be incredibly deep and life-changing. Sometimes you just need something light and cheerful to brighten your day - your Neon Trees' Animal and your Little Comets' One Night in October. And making these kinds of songs is definitely not as easy as you might assume. But Hockey has a knack for it, and I give them props for that.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар